MedStack Control's self-service maintenance feature allows users with Technical or Owner roles to trigger System maintenance as they become available, at a time convenient for your system and users.
When new maintenance becomes available on a node, you will see a "Red Dot" notification icon on the Actions menu (as seen in the screenshot below).
Notification Icon indicating a pending activity
How to Trigger a Maintenance
Follow the steps below on how to trigger a maintenance on a node:
1) Click on the Actions dropdown menu
2) Click on the See Maintenance option and Pending Maintenances window will popup
3) In the Pending Maintenances popup window you should see a list of maintenances available for this node.
4) You can read the description column for details about the maintenance and review additional resources about the maintenance.
5) Once you are ready to perform the maintenance, Click on Start Now button to trigger the maintenance.
6) Once the maintenance has been triggered you will see the node status change to Updating.
Note: Depending on the type of the maintenance the node may be unavailable for anywhere between 2 minutes to 10 minutes.
Note: When you are performing the maintenance on the Manager node, all the nodes in the cluster will be unavailable until the Manager is back up.
You will need to refresh the page if the Manager node is marked as ready but appears to be "NOT AVAILABLE"
Once the maintenance is complete on the node and there are no more pending maintenances for that node, the notification icon on the Actions dropdown will disappear for that node. You should also see "No pending maintenance items" message on the Pending Maintenances popup window.
Node without Pending Maintenances notification icon
Pending Maintenances Popup window with zero pending maintenances
Please sign in to leave a comment.